What is your personality type Charleston?
Are you a:
- Adrenaline Junkie
- Creative Genius
- Lifelong Learner
- Music Maniac
No matter which category you fall into, we have you covered. Here are a few tips and links to help you feed your passion. Because in Charleston, passion fuels excitement. Let’s make your Lowcountry experience exciting, memorable and fruitful.
The adrenaline junkie is always on the go. They love the outdoors, sports and keeping active. It can be a jog or bike ride or kicking back a few beers at a sporting event. What does Charleston offer for the adrenaline junkie?
- Trampoline, Road Climbing Adventures, Rock Climbing, Laser Tag, Ice Skating, oh my!!!! – Here is a full directory of pure excitement.
- County Parks and the Gold Pass – If you love parks, get the annual pass. Along with entrance, you can see great events and enjoy so many land and water activities.
- Kicking it at the Sports Bar – Catch your favorite teams at some of Charleston’s top sports bars and pubs.
- Live professional sports. We have live sports. Lots of great action here in Charleston.
- Camping in the Lowcountry – Sleep under the stars and enjoy a kayak or fishing excursion.
- Be a child at one of our many playgrounds
- Horse Back Riding – We have plenty of stables to choose from.
- Charleston Recreational Sports and Social Clubs
- Charleston Area Sports Commission – From Bocce to Badminton, if there is a club in Charleston, we have it.
The creative genius is a snob; a creative artsy snob. Not a bad thing. They appreciate all the creative talents in Charleston.
- Redux Contemporary Art Center – For classes, local talents and more.
- The Halsey Institute for Contemporary Art – Located right on the College of Charleston Campus.
- Gibbes Museum of Art – Just in time for the grand re-opening.
- Wine and Art Classes in Charleston – This speaks for itself.
- Theater in Charleston – See all the options available.
- Comedy in Charleston – How about Theatre 99.
- City Gallery at Waterfront Park – Art and a gorgeous view of the Charleston Harbor.
- Gallery Row – Some of the finest art in the Lowcountry.
Foodie. Oh, the foodie. A true culinary connoisseur.
- Wine Bars in Charleston – Here is a list of some of the finest in the area.
- Ultimate Brunch Guide – Here is a list of 88 brunches with menu links in the Charleston Area.
- Charleston Restaurants – Categorized by food type.
- Charleston Daily Deals – Sometimes you even need to be on a dining / drinking budget.
The lifelong learner has a constant thirst for knowledge and information. We have a bit of that.
- Charleston Free Walking History Tours – Exercise and free history lessons.
- Charleston Museum
- Mace Brown Museum of Natural History – Yes it is free.
- Karpeles Manuscript Library and Museum – Also, free.
- Charleston Carriage Tours – Complete list. From romantic to large group.
- The Best Friend of Charleston – Hint: It’s a train.
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens – You can’t be in the Lowcountry without a plantation tour.
- The Confederate Museum – Part of our culture.
- Charlestowne Landing – Charleston’s original settlement.
- Middleton Place – Another historic residence.
- Patriots Point – US Yorktown and Vietnam War Experience. A whole day for a war history junkie.
There is so much more, but since you are a knowledge sponge, we will leave some of the additional research to you.
The music maniac. We love the true music aficionado. They feel it, understand it and appreciate it. Here are a few venues to light your fire.
- Charleston Pour House
- Brickhouse Kitchen
- Awendaw Green – You must experience a Wednesday night Barn Jam.
- Charleston Music Farm
- Charleston Music Hall
- Gaillard Center
- North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center
- The Royal American
- The Windjammer – If you want music, why not throw in a beach.
There you have it. Whether you are an adrenaline junkie, creative spirit, foodie, learner or music maniac, here is a taste for all the incredible options in Charleston, SC. Bring an appetite for fun and excitement.