What if, just what if we had a chance to implement whatever we wanted in Charleston. In a way, we could take our Charleston Wish List and make it a reality.
Well, we can’t exactly do that, but we can hope that some fine day in the future, we will see our wishes come true.
Here are a few things that made our Charleston wish list. If you have others, let us know by commenting below:
- 24 Hour / Late Night Downtown Diner – How often do you find yourself hungry late at night and there is nowhere to go where you can sit and relax? How many times do you want to write or study over a cup of tea when you can’t sleep? Finally, how many times do you leave a downtown Charleston bar and you shouldn’t be driving, but you do? In Austin, New York, Chicago, Miami and many more places, the option of a late night spot for the true night owls and safety first drinkers has been incredibly successful and appreciated. We would just like one as well.
- Horse Race Track – We know there are legal reasons we cannot gamble in South Carolina. We also know, Hampton Park used to be the site of a horse track. So therefore, it is possible. How much fun would it be to drink mint juleps and enjoy a nice day at the track more than just once a year? I think it would be incredibly fun and relaxing.
- Amphitheater – The rise in local homegrown music and the thirst of artists to make stops here makes this a great growth haven for music. We also have a thriving theater scene. Why not take advantage of the great weather, robust music and arts scene and provide an outdoor venue to showcase. Many of you are thinking, we have the Volvo area and old Blackbaud Stadium. Not the same for feel and acoustical quality. Bring a little Greek style outdoor entertainment to Charleston.
- Ferris Wheel on the pier – How many grew up with the memory of a Ferris Wheel. Whether you were in London, Chicago, Jersey shore or Myrtle Beach, Ferris Wheels and water seem to just go together well. I would love to add that decor to the Charleston beach life.
- Themed Photo Booths – Why don’t we have photo booths situated throughout the French Quarter on Market, East Bay and on the Upper side by Marion Square. We have tourists, lots and lots of tourists. They love creating memories. What better memories than themed photo booths with different backgrounds to print and share with friends and loved ones. It’s appeals to our historic side as well.
- Drive-In – For those true locals, you remember the 1950’s and the old Savannah Highway Drive-in. I bet you even miss it. Wouldn’t it be great to get take out, some wine and a comfy blanket and enjoy a night under the stars without driving to Beaufort? That sounds amazing. Maybe even play it a little catch before the movie and then later on doze off for a bit during the boring scenes. How nice does that sound?
- Classic Movie Theater – We have the American Theater. Love the venue and location. We would love to have a restored movie theater there or another location that only shows classic films. Watching Cary Grant and Kathrine Hepburn or Rhett and Scarlett on a date night is truly romantic.
- Digital Meters with Credit Card Option – I know there are discussions in works. I know Raleigh, NC and Beaufort, SC have them and they work. I can’t speak for everyone, but I rarely have change. I mean rarely. We hope this becomes a reality, because it is a progressive step forward.
Share with us your own personal wish list.