Press Release: SOURCE Garden & Gun
Awards Celebrate Southern Craftsmanship in Style, Crafts, Drink, Food, Home, and Outdoors
CHARLESTON, S.C., May 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Garden & Gun announced today the kick-off of its eighth annual Made in the South Awards with the official call for product entries in six categories: Style, Crafts, Drink, Food, Home, and Outdoors. The overall winner will receive a $10,000 cash prize, and, along with all category winners and runners-up, will be prominently featured in the magazine’s December 2017/January 2018 issue.
Garden & Gun created the Made in the South Awards in 2010 to celebrate and encourage Southern craftsmanship, and to recognize the best available Southern-made products.
“One of our favorite times of year is when the Made in the South Awards entries arrive. It’s always an honor to shine a spotlight on the talent and creativity of the South’s artisans, craftsman, chefs, designers, and tastemakers,” said David DiBenedetto, senior vice president and editor in chief of Garden & Gun. “It has been amazing to watch previous winners go on to great success over the last seven years, adding a new level of excitement as we enter the award’s eighth call for entries.”
The 2017 Made in the South Awards judges are:
- Reese Witherspoon (Nashville, TN), actress, producer, entrepreneur, and founder of Draper James-a lifestyle brand that emphasize her southern roots and personal style (Style)
- Andrea Hyde (New York, NY), a tenured retail executive and current CEO of Draper James (Style)
- Paula Wallace (Savannah, GA), president and co-founder of the Savannah College of Art and Design-a private, nonprofit, accredited university for creative careers (Crafts)
- Derek Brown (Washington, DC), entrepreneur, restauranteur, writer and award-winning mixologist (Drink)
- Mashama Bailey (Savannah, GA), entrepreneur, chef and co-founder of The Grey-a familiar yet elevated restaurant experience occupying a 1938 art deco Greyhound bus terminal in Historic Downtown Savannah (Food)
- Bunny Williams (New York, NY), tastemaker, entertainer, celebrated interior designer and founder and CEO of Bunny Williams Home-a collection consisting of reproductions of Bunny’s own treasures as well as original designs (Home)
- T. Edward Nickens (Raleigh, NC), award-winning author, journalist, on-camera host, scriptwriter and outdoorsman (Outdoors)
All Southern artisans or businesses with a product in one of the six categories (Style, Crafts, Drink, Food, Home, and Outdoors) that will be available for sale through January 2018 may apply. For entry forms, category descriptions, and rules, visit madeinthesouthawards.com. The entry fee for submissions is $75 and entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. ET on July 1, 2017. Winners will be publicly announced in the December 2017/January 2018 issue of Garden & Gun, which will hit newsstands in November 2017.
About Garden & Gun
Garden & Gun is an award-winning national lifestyle magazine that covers the best of the South, including the sporting culture, the food, the music, the art, the literature, the people and their ideas. Reaching a national audience of more than 1.5 million passionate and engaged readers, the magazine has won numerous awards for its journalism, design, and overall excellence. Visit gardenandgun.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/garden–guns-eighth-annual-made-in-the-south-awards-call-for-the-best-of-southern-made-products-300458859.html
©2017 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved