On Friday and Saturday, November 13-14, 2015, The Junior League of Charleston will be hosting a Whale of a Sale at the Omar Shrine Temple in Mount Pleasant. Now in their 40th year, this sale has become a local tradition in Charleston. As you make your way through the exhibition hall, you will find carefully categorized treasures to ease your shopping experience. Additionally, there are a few things you should know about this event.
- Along with the fundraising dollars, Junior League members volunteer thousands of hours annually to local non-profit and charity organizations.
- The volunteers you will meet throughout the hall have volunteered since Monday to help make this event a reality. Some have put in between 60 and 80 hours this week.
- This event is a six months planning and development process.
- The Junior League was formed on February 20, 1923 and is now in its 91st year in the Charleston area.
- Each active member has dedicated a minimum of two shifts this week to provide each and every visitor with the best possible experience.
- Items available for the sale include: bikes, sports equipment, kitchenware, frames, furniture, children’s toys, clothes, books, DVDs, antiques, collectibles, glassware, candles, pillows, wedding dresses, lamps, holiday decor and so much more.
We invite you to come out early and find your own personal treasures. While you are there, thank the many volunteers in blue and red that have given so many hours to making this event a success. Remember that each dollar you spend will be converted to helping a local program in the Charleston area.
Omar Shrine Auditorium
176 Patriots Point Road
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM