SUMMERVILLE, S.C. – The ARK, Alzheimer’s Family Support Services, is hosting a two-day leaders class for the Powerful Tools for Caregivers program. This two-day training prepares and certifies individuals to successfully co-lead the six-week Powerful Tools for Caregivers class series.
The next leader training will be 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 12-13 at The ARK, 206 Central Ave. in Summerville. Cost is $325 per person. Download the application at www.thearkofsc.org.
The Powerful Tools for Caregivers series is an educational program designed to help family caregivers take care of themselves while caring for a relative or friend who has a chronic illness.
The leader training includes:
- Scripted curriculum for both the caregivers of adults with chronic conditions as well as the caregivers of children with special needs classes.
- Intensive, experiential, and interactive training provided by a team of certified Powerful Tools for Caregivers master training.
- Learning and practicing group leadership and facilitation skills.
- DVDs used in caregiver classes.
- One-time certification fee.
Certified PTC Master Trainers Micky Styslinger and Naomi Cills will conduct the class leader training. Class leaders will be fully prepared to co-lead Powerful Tools for Caregivers classes to groups of up to 15 family caregivers.
For more details, contact Micky Styslinger at 843-670-3317.
ABOUT THE ARK, ALZHEIMER’S FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES
The ARK is a local nonsectarian nonprofit outreach program providing comprehensive support services to families dealing with Alzheimer’s or related dementia. For more information, call 843-832-2357 or visit thearkofsc.org.
|Holly A. Fisher, MMC
Inbound Marketing Certified
Writing | Social Media | Public Relations