Tonight is a big night in Charleston with the free Darius Rucker show at the Windjammer. It took only fifteen short minutes for the lucky fans latch on their wristband and be part of this live recorded concert event. We wanted to say thank you for this kind gesture from one of our own sons by giving you our top ten reasons why Darius Rucker is Awesome!!!
Why we love Darius Rucker:
- He does his own grocery shopping – That is a true down to Earth Southern gentleman and hard working man.
- The Dolphins finally stopped making him cry after the miserable 1 – 15 season.
- He successfully took a great pop career with the Blowfish and crossed over to become an incredibly successful country artist.
- His devotion to charity and causes is a symbol of his incredible generosity (Watch this video and I dare you not to cry).
- He managed to make it mandatory for every local live performer to include a version of Wagon Wheel in their set list.
- He is claustrophobic. Yes, the man that plays in front of thousands nightly has claustrophia.
- He does some of the most amazing duets in the world
- In 2009, Darius become the first African American artist to win the CMA Best New Artist Award
- Darius Rucker has three wonderful children that find most of what his does uncool, but one of their favorite things is when he drops them off at school on his tour bus. If he is heading out on a road tour, he will plan the departure during the time he drops off his children and they love it.
- He reads comic books, wants to meet Denzel Washington and Paul McCartney and owns and wears Kiss pajamas.
A BIG #11
- He does free concerts for his family and friends in Charleston.
There are so many more and for these and other reasons we will keep singing Hold My Hand, Time and Come Back Home