Solar eclipse glasses. We all have them. The big event is over, so what do we do with them now? We came up with a few ideas for you.
What to do with your leftover Solar Eclipse Glasses
- Turn them into your new sleep mask.
- Keep those eyes super shaded when sunning on the beach or at the pool.
- Ensure whomever is “it” is not cheating while counting during hide-n-seek.
- Donate them to kids in South America. (Yes, it is a real thing! astronomerswithoutborders.org)
- Cut the dark lenses out and wear the cardboard frames as a super cool pair of “shade-free” shades.
- Tuck them away until the next solar eclipse. 2024 is not that far away.
- Use them to correct that slightly off kilter bar stool.
- Add them to your hangover kit for maximum darkness.
- Proudly display them in a frame to commemorate the 2017 event.
- Turn them into a picture frame by replacing the lenses with your favorite eclipse photos.
Have any more ideas? We would love to hear them! Please leave a comment below.