Grilled Chicken with Chipotle-Orange Glaze (Recipe by EatingWell)
Servings: 4 / Calories per serving: 153
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 tbsp orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, (see Note)
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat (8 oz)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat grill or broiler to high. Lightly oil the rack.
- Whisk orange juice concentrate, chiles, vinegar, molasses and mustard in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Grill or broil the chicken for 2 minutes. Turn the chicken, brush with the chipotle-orange glaze, and cook, brushing occasionally with more of the glaze, 4 minutes more. Turn the chicken again, brush with the glaze, and cook until no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 5 minutes more.
Minced Tomato, Onion and Glazed Tofu Kebabs
Servings: 4 / Calories per serving: 178
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 14-oz package extra-firm water-packed tofu, drained
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1 onion, peeled, quartered and separated into layers
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup kecap manis, (see Note)
- Cut tofu in half horizontally, making two large slices about 1 inch thick. Fold a clean kitchen towel and place it on a cutting board or large plate. Set the tofu on the towel. Put another folded clean towel over the tofu and place
- a flat, heavy weight (such as a skillet) on top; drain for 15 minutes; remove the weight and cut the tofu into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce and ginger in a medium bowl. Add tofu and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Tuck a mint leaf into each tomato quarter and thread onto 4 or 8 skewers alternately with tofu, onion and jalapeños. (Discard any remaining marinade.)
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, for 7 minutes. Brush with kecap manis and grill until the vegetables are softened and the tofu is well glazed, about 3 minutes more.
Grilled Buffalo Steak with Radicchio-Beet Skewers
Servings: 4 / Calories per serving: 222
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, or feta cheese
- 4 tsp white-wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 small heads radicchio
- 1 15-oz can baby beets, drained (the liquid can be reserved for Pickled Eggs)
- 1 lb buffalo or beef New York strip (loin) steaks, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 portions
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place cheese in a medium bowl and mash it with the back of a spoon until creamy. Add vinegar, dry mustard, shallot, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; whisk to combine. Continue whisking and slowly drizzle in 1 tablespoon oil until blended. Set aside.
- Cut each radicchio head in half, core and quarter each half. Thread radicchio chunks and beets onto skewers. Drizzle the skewered vegetables with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Rub steaks with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil. Season the steaks and skewered vegetables with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill the vegetable skewers, turning frequently so the radicchio doesn’t burn, until the radicchio is wilted and lightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes total. Transfer the steaks to a plate; let rest for 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skewers. Serve the steaks and vegetables drizzled with the sauce.
Grilled Salmon with Tomatoes & Basil
Servings: 4 / Calories per serving: 248
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole wild salmon fillet , (also called a “side of salmon,” about 1 1/2 lbs; see Tips)
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mash minced garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt on a cutting board with the side of a chef’s knife or a spoon until a paste forms. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in oil.
- Check the salmon for pin bones and remove if necessary (see Tips). Measure out a piece of heavy-duty foil (or use a double layer of regular foil) large enough for the salmon fillet. Coat the foil with cooking spray. Place the salmon skin-side down on the foil and spread the garlic mixture all over it. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup basil. Overlap tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Transfer the salmon on the foil to the grill. Grill until the fish flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes. Use two large spatulas to slide the salmon from the foil to a serving platter. Serve the salmon sprinkled with the remaining 1/4 cup basil.