One of our own distinguished dining establishments has been given an amazing honor, named by TimeOut as one of the Top 20 Steak Houses in the United States. For their 2017 survey results, Oak Steakhouse was named #15 standing proud with names like Peter Luger in New York, Cut in Los Angeles, and Dickie Brennan’s in New Orleans.
The article speaks very highly of Oak Steakhouse saying “Chef Jeremiah Bacon’s name might reference the humble pig, but his oeuvre at this Charleston steakhouse located inside an 1848 bank building is all beef, focusing on classics such as filets, rib-eyes and strips. Chef Bacon’s stints at Michelin-starred restaurants such as Le Bernardin and Per Se are on display in elevated starters and sides, including seared foie gras with Meyer lemon jam and decadent mac and cheese studded with pristine lobster.”
The Entire Top 20 Includes:
- Cut – Los Angeles, CA
- CarneVino – Las Vegas, NV
- Peter Luger – New York, NY
- Keens Steakhouse – New York, NY
- Nick and Stef’s Steakhouse – Los Angeles, CA
- Dickie Brennen’s Steakhouse – New Orleans, LA
- Gibsons Bar and Steakhouse – Chicago, IL
- Harris’ – San Francisco, CA
- Red, The Steakhouse – Miami, FL
- Moo – Boston, MA
- Alfred’s Steakhouse – San Francisco, CA
- Edge Steakhouse & Bar – Miami, FL
- Charlie Palmer Steakhouse – Washington, D.C.
- Butcher and Singer – Philadelphia, PA
- Oak Steakhouse – Charleston, SC
- Lonesome Dove – Fort Worth, TX
- The Prime Rib – Baltimore, MD
- Precinct – Cincinnati, OH
- St Elmo Steakhouse – Indianapolis, IN
- Kevin Rathbun Steak – Atlanta, GA
Congratulations to Oak Steakhouse!