After spending a little time in the social stratosphere, I got an alarming feeling that things are not as good as some recent rankings and praise have led others to believe.
Maybe it is up to you to decide.
Here are some of the latest headlines hitting us hard in the last few days in the Lowountry:
- Charleston councilman Mike Seekings finds a noose hanging outside his downtown home – Post and Courier
- South Carolina Secessionist Party paints Folly Boat with the Confederate battle flag again – Post and Courier
- It’s all about clean water – Making sure it is safe to drink – Moultrie News
- Hank Williams Jr. is irritated with me – Charleston City Paper
- North Charleston Police seize guns, drugs, in 2 separate incidents – Live5News
- 911 caller warned about loose tarp on Don Holt Bridge days before it and the netting fell – Post and Courier
- Another hotel in Charleston’s City Market gets a green light – Post and Courier
- Charleston Police investigating reported indecent exposure inside store – live5news
- Woman charged in Goose Creek robbery tried to rob Ladson restaurant – live5news
- Federal officials offering reward for info after bald eagle nest destroyed in Goose Creek – live5news
- North Charleston police investigate suspicious death – counton2
- Coastal flooding advisory for Charleston and Colleton counties – counton2
That is a handful for just the last 24 – 36 hours of news.